Now, with apologies to A. A. Milne, we are one. And that off-key warbling you hear in the background is me singing Happy Birthday, Cry, Beloved Country. (O-o-o-r, possibly, it’s your tinnitus ramping up again.)
That’s right. Cry, Beloved Country is officially one today. (Have a piece of cake. Do you take anything in your coffee?) As of midnight last night, I’d posted 171 times, had 38,124 hits and received 698 comments.
(That’s not counting the 372 spam comments trying to sell timeshare resort interests and Android tablets and Ugg boots and, well, pretty much an endless parade of things. You’ll be happy to know I spared you all those.)
Most of my readers live in the United States. However, I’ve also had visitors from Canada, Mexico, Belize, Brazil, Chile, Argentina, the United Kingdom, Russia, Germany, Finland, the Netherlands, Egypt, South Africa, India, Japan, the Philippines, South Korea, Guam and New Zealand.
Gentle Reader, I appreciate you stopping by. Thank you. This time last year, I had three visitors one day, six the next, and none the day after that. I felt kinda silly sitting here declaiming to an empty house. Thank you for stopping by, and then for stopping by again.
And, in case you missed them the first time around, my top ten most widely read posts were:
- Phoenix man jailed for home Bible studies: the rest of the story
- Hannukah: in those days at this time
- The face of gendercide
- New evidence of George Zimmerman’s racial attitudes
- Body Worlds at OMSI: death porn for kiddies (and others)
- An open letter to Hilary Rosen from a stay-at-home mom
- What really happened at the county Republican convention
- West Point: R Day 2012
- People with disabilities: our seething prejudice
- S.B. 1813: IRS to have power to confiscate your passport
So. May I ask for a birthday present?
- If you have any comments or suggestions I’d love to hear them. It’s a little tricky to find the reply link, I know. But if you look under the big Share/Save bar at the bottom of this post you’ll see a couple of “Posted in” and “Tagged” categories in red. After them is a red hyperlink that says, “Leave a reply.” Click on that, and from there, it’s quick and easy.
- Also, if you’ve enjoyed Cry, Beloved Country, I’d love it if you would pass it on to a friend. (That’s where that big Share/Save bar down there comes in!)
And, again, thank you.